2018 Workshop report on Estimating Freshwater Fluxes from the Greenland Ice Sheet now available

2018 Workshop report on Estimating Freshwater Fluxes from the Greenland Ice Sheet now available

David Sutherland
Dear colleagues,

A workshop was held in December 2018 (pre-AGU) focused on estimating freshwater fluxes from the Greenland Ice Sheet. The workshop had ~40 international participants from a variety of disciplines (oceanography, glaciology, hydrology, etc.) using various methods (ship- and ground-based observations, satellites, models of varying resolution, etc.).

The report is available here archived in the Arctic Data Center:
https://doi.org/10.18739/A24M9198B

I will emphasize that the report is more than a summary of what was discussed. Along with my co-authors, we tried to make the report a more useful synthesis of the state of knowledge across these fields and made a list of recommendations for improving estimates of the freshwater flux from Greenland.

Please read it and share widely. We hope you find it useful, either as a place to reference or to poke holes in. Best regards on behalf of myself and co-authors and all the workshop participants,

Dave Sutherland
-
oceanice.org
University of Oregon