3 New Lectureships at UCL

stroeve

There are 3 new lectureships advertised in the Earth Science Department at the University College London. We encourage applicants in polar science, remote sensing and climate change, as well as geohazards and sedimentology.

Below is the formal announcement.

Lectureship in Earth Sciences - 3 posts, - Ref:1793257

UCL Department / Division
Earth Sciences
Location of position
London
Grade
8
Hours
Full Time
Salary
(inclusive of London allowance)
£43,884 - £51,769 per annum
Duties and Responsibilities
The Department of Earth Sciences invites applications for three lectureship posts from 1st October 2019 in the areas of Climate Studies, Earth Resources and Sustainability, Geological Hazards, and Sedimentology.  Applicants from those whose research will contribute to areas of strategic importance (e.g. REF impact) are particularly welcome. We are seeking to appoint outstanding individuals with academic standing, vision and proven expertise who will provide leadership in their field, develop world-class research programmes and contribute to advanced teaching and knowledge exchange activities.

The successful candidates will be expected to contribute to the advancement of knowledge by research and scholarship that is world-leading and meets the highest standards of excellence. They will also contribute to the teaching on undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses offered by the department, and engage in a range of knowledge transfer and public engagement activities.
Key Requirements
The postholder will have a PhD in a relevant discipline as well as experience in research, teaching or other employment in Earth, Environmental or Planetary Sciences.

Successful candidates will also have an outstanding record of academic research, a strong publications portfolio, a track record of success in income generation from public and/or commercial sources, and will be able to work collaboratively with an inter-disciplinary approach.
Further Details
A Job description and person specification for the posts can be accessed at the link at bottom of this page.

To apply for this post click the "Apply Now" button below.

If you wish to discuss the post informally, please contact Professor Paul Upchurch, [hidden email].
UCL Taking Action for Equality
Closing Date
Latest time for the submission of applications
23.59
Interview date
TBC
Our department holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award, in recognition of our commitment to advancing gender equality.
This appointment is subject to UCL Terms and Conditions of Service for Academic Staff.

Please use these links to find out more about the UCL working life including the benefits we offer and UCL Terms and Conditions related to this job.