37% of AGU student presentations ineligible for awards (without your help)
Dear cryosphere colleagues,
With just a few days before the first Cryosphere presentations at the 2020 AGU Fall meeting, 37% of student presentations have < 2 judges and will not be eligible for OSPA consideration. Please consider signing up to judge a few presentations to engage with the newest members of our community & provide them with valuable feedback. Thanks to all of you who have already signed up. Below, I repost detailed information for how you can sign up and what is expected of judges. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
AGU Fall Meeting OSPA coordinator
How to sign up as a judge
- Click “Volunteer " on the OSPA homepage to log into the OSPA Judge Showcase using the credentials associated with your AGU membership.
- Browse through the showcase to find & sign up to volunteer student presentations.
- There is no requirement for synchronous interaction with the presenter, so you can sign up to judge a presentation that occurs at any time.
- The OSPA portal is new, so it may take a little time to get oriented. The training video above provides an introduction to the new platform.
- Students can register to serve as OSPA judges, as long as they themselves are not participating in OSPA as a presenter.
- As mentioned above, there is no requirement for synchronous interactions with the student presenter. More information on presenter-judge interaction is detailed below.
Responsibilities as an OSPA Judge - Evaluate all presentations you volunteered to judge. Presentations can be viewed and evaluated at any point during Fall Meeting. - Interact virtually with student presenters by leaving a “comment” within the OSPA Platform to ask a student presenter questions. Students are required to respond by 17 December within the OSPA platform. Judges are welcome to attend the student’s sessions within the scientific program software and participate in live conversations if they desire – however, it is not required. - Submit scores online no later than Wednesday, 30 December 2020, at 11:59 p.m. EDT.