IWIC is a series of workshops devoted entirely to ice cave research. After meetings in Romania, Slovak Republic, Russia, and Austria, Italy now hosts this unique workshop. We offer a place to examine the state-of-the-art, discuss ongoing research efforts, and boost international cooperation. We will explore interest for future research projects and define a general strategy for ice cave studies and management.
IWIC-V is an ideal opportunity to widen communication among interested researchers and highlight important research results. IWIC-V is organized under the auspices of the Glacier, Firn, and Ice Caves Commission of the International Union of Speleology, and the Italian Glaciological Committee.
We welcome contributions related to any aspect of ice cave research, and particularly:
- Ice cave climatology and the relationship between hypogean and epigean environments
- Morphology and mass balance of cave ice deposits
- Stratigraphy and internal structure of cave ice deposits
- Ice sampling methods
- Cave ice crystal fabric
- Chemical and isotopic studies of cave ice and its fluid inclusions
- Applications of radiometric methods
- Palynology, dendrochronology and other biology-related studies applied to ice cave research.
This 5th International Workshop on Ice Caves is organized under the auspices of the Glacier, Firn, and Ice Caves Commission of the International Union of Speleology.
You're subscribed to the CRYOLIST mailing list
To change your subscription options, visit http://cryolist.org/ To send a message to the list, email [hidden email]