5th Young Earth Scientist YES Congress Extension of Deadline for Submission of Session Proposals, New Deadline October 15, 2018

5th Young Earth Scientist YES Congress Extension of Deadline for Submission of Session Proposals, New Deadline October 15, 2018

Milena Latinovic
Dear all
We would like to invite you to participate in the next Young Earth Scientist YES Congress 2019 in Berlin and to submit a proposal for sessions until October 15th 2018. For further information on the Congress and the call please have a look at our webpage www.yesdeutschland.weebly.com. Volunteers for helping us to organize a successful congress are welcome.

Call for Sessions

Deadline Extension October 15, 2018

The 5th International YES Congress will be held from the 9th to 13th September in the vibrant city of Berlin. The YES Congress in 2019 will be a special opportunity for young scientists from all over the world to share their experiences, their science and culture and to expand their skills. We offer numerous summer schools and a Workshop on Global Geochemical Baselines and Resourcing in the period before and after the congress. Different events, ranging from invited keynote lectures across "elevator pitches" to a "market of opportunities" offer young talents the possibility to introduce themselves to potential future employers from industry, business, universities and public authorities and to discover opportunities for training and research in Germany.

In 2019 the 5th YES Congress will have the theme "Rocking Earth's Future".

Global change confronts us with major challenges such as rapid population growth, increasing urbanization, global warming, soil destruction and water pollution. Globalization processes increase further our vulnerability. For early career researchers, the task is to ensure that humanity is prepared to tackle all these challenges in a smart and sustainable way. This requires hard facts, reproducible and transparent science and a sound commitment.

The YES Congress 2019 will attempt at "Rocking Earth's Future" by focusing on six large topical issues:

  • Ashes to Ashes - Understanding Earth processes
  • Unboxing Earth - Interdisciplinary Problem solving
  • Heritage Earth - Sustainable Resource Management
  • Society at Risk - Impacting Earth Phenomena
  • Brave New World - Advanced Technologies in Earth Sciences
  • Beyond Printing - Communicating Science

For those themes we invite you to submit your proposals for sessions. Submission deadline is now 15, October 2018.
You can submit your proposal directly at our webpage https://yesdeutschland.weebly.com/yes-congress-2019.html. You will also find further information about the Congress, exhibition and sponsor possibilities and other activities.

--
Milena Latinović

Section 1.3/ Earth System Modelling
Phone: +49 (0)331/288-28704
E-mail: [hidden email]

Helmholtz Centre Potsdam
GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
Foundation under public law of the federal state
of Brandenburg
Telegrafenberg, D-14473 Potsdam