AGU 2017 - C027. Recent Advances in Monitoring, Measuring, and Modeling Snow Processes

AGU 2017 - C027. Recent Advances in Monitoring, Measuring, and Modeling Snow Processes

Andrew Hedrick
Colleagues,

It is my pleasure to invite abstract submissions to the following session at the 2017 AGU Fall Meeting in New Orleans (December 11-15).

Session ID#:   22643
Session Title:   Recent Advances in Monitoring, Measuring, and Modeling Snow Processes
Section / Focus Group:   Cryosphere (C)
Cross Listing:   Global Environmental Change (GC)
Index Terms: 0736 Snow
0740 Snowmelt
0798 Modeling

Session Description:
The storage and modulated release of water from seasonal snowcover are major components of hydrologic systems in many parts of the world, particularly in mountainous and boreal areas. In these regions, the seasonal snowcover is a critical component of the annual water cycle, controlling soil moisture, soil temperature, streamflow, and the development and stability of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems. Because snow-dominated regions will be affected by climatic warming in the near future, we must advance our understanding of these systems. The session will focus on snowcover physical properties, patterns and dynamics, scaling, remote sensing, and developing measurement techniques.

Conveners:
Patrick Kormos, USDA-ARS Northwest Watershed Research Center, Boise, ID, USA
Andrew Hedrick, USDA-ARS Northwest Watershed Research Center, Boise, ID, USA
Danny Marks, USDA-ARS Northwest Watershed Research Center, Boise, ID, USA

Deadlines:
Early Abstract Submission: 26 July, 11:59 P.M. ET
Final Abstract Submission: 2 August, 11:59 P.M. ET

We look forward to seeing everyone in New Orleans.

Regards,

Andrew Hedrick
USDA-ARS Northwest Watershed Research Center
800 Park Blvd, Suite 105
Boise, Idaho 83712