AGU 2017 - Modeling of the Cryosphere: Glaciers and Ice Sheets (session # 23492)

AGU 2017 - Modeling of the Cryosphere: Glaciers and Ice Sheets (session # 23492)

sprice
Dear Colleagues,

Please consider submitting an abstract to the following session at the 2017 AGU Fall Meeting (New Orleans, 11-15 December 2017):

Session ID: 23492
Session Title: C021. Modeling of the Cryosphere: Glaciers and Ice Sheets
Section/Focus Group: Cryosphere

This session focuses on process-based modeling of glaciers and ice sheets that improves our understanding of ice dynamics or enhances the capabilities of current models. We invite contributions from a broad range of theoretical, numerical, or experimental studies that explore new or improved representations of physical processes relevant to ice flow. The range of topics that is encouraged includes, but is not limited to: basal processes (such as glacial hydrology, erosion, surging, the onset of ice streams), mechanical and thermodynamic processes (constitutive relationships, material behavior, ice fracturing), and ice-ocean interactions (for example calving, grounding line dynamics).

We are very excited about our two invited speakers, Hélène Seroussi (NASA JPL) and Marianne Haseloff (Princeton/GFDL).

Abstract submission is now open and the deadline for submissions is Wednesday, August 2nd (at 23:59 EDT).

We look forward to seeing you in New Orleans.

Stephen Price (Los Alamos Nat. Lab.)
Matthew Hoffman (Los Alamos Nat. Lab.)
Sophie Nowicki (NASA GSFC)
Mauro Werder (Univ. of Zurich)