AGU 2018 - Call for submission to 'Remote sensing of permafrost'

AGU 2018 - Call for submission to 'Remote sensing of permafrost'

Sabine Baumann

*** Sorry for cross-posting! ***

Dear colleagues,

we want to invite you to submit an abstract to our session 'Remote sensing of polar permafrost' (Session ID: 25801) at the AGU meeting 2018 in New Orleans.

We welcome contributions on recent and upcoming advances in satellite remote sensing regarding different sensors or observation techniques that are related to polar permafrost. We also encourage presentations on multi-platform data as well as studies using ground validation data. Please have a look at the session details below. The link to our session is: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session25801.

Abstract submission is open, the deadline is Wednesday, 2 August 23:59 EDT.

We are looking forward to your contribution,

Reg and Sabine

Session Description:
Remote sensing is an essential tool to gain more information on larger scales compared to point information from fieldwork. Until now, only indicators of permafrost are monitored from space and not the permafrost itself. Nevertheless, using this indicators helps a lot to improve our knowledge about permafrost and permafrost development. The aim of this session is to show the broad range of remote sensing applications on polar permafrost. We welcome contributions on recent and upcoming advances in satellite remote sensing regarding different sensors or observation techniques. As the application of remote sensing on permafrost is quite a new field, we want to show the potential of this technique for permafrost monitoring and the broad range of studies. Therefore, we also encourage presentations on multi-platform data as well as studies using ground validation data.

Primary Convener:  Sabine Christine Baumann, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Convener:  Reginald R Muskett, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Fairbanks, AK, United States
Index Terms:
0702 Permafrost [CRYOSPHERE]
0758 Remote sensing [CRYOSPHERE]