AGU Session: An Ongoing Transformation: High Resolution Topography in the Geosciences

AGU Session: An Ongoing Transformation: High Resolution Topography in the Geosciences

Paul Morin
Please consider submitting to our Geodesy session at the Fall AGU meeting in Washington DC, "An Ongoing Transformation: High Resolution Topography in the Geosciences".

We are in the midst of a digital topographic revolution. Sensors aboard satellite, airborne, UAS (drone), and terrestrial platforms provide high-resolution topographic observations at unprecedented temporal and spatial scales. Advances in automated processing pipelines and computing platforms are transforming the rate at which the evolving surface of the planet can be observed and analyzed. We welcome contributions that use or develop surface elevation time-series from radar or optical imaging (i.e. photogrammetry, structure-from-motion (SfM), lidar) to examine dynamic natural processes or human actions that shape the surface of the Earth. We invite submissions from a variety of disciplines, including investigations of processes that occur at the boundaries of domains, for example, between the oceans and ice sheets, across coastal environments, and at the transition from urbanized areas to rural hinterlands. Studies of cascading hazards, land use changes or climate driven geomorphological changes are particularly encouraged.

The full session description is here and you can submit to this session here.

Michael J Willis, University of Colorado at Boulder

David E Shean, University of Washington

Paul J Morin, Polar Geospatial Center