AGU Session Announcement C011 ­ Enhanced Glaciological Understanding Through Innovation

AGU Session Announcement C011 ­ Enhanced Glaciological Understanding Through Innovation

Finnegan, David ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the following session at the AGU Fall Meeting, 3-7 December 2012.

C011 – Enhanced  Glaciological Understanding Through Innovation

Session Chairs: David FinneganShad O'Neel, Gordon Hamilton and Leigh Stearns

Session Description:
Improved understanding of tidewater and terrestrial glacier processes is often driven by innovative applications of technological advancements. Most notably, datasets with increased spatial and temporal resolution are becoming commonplace and have enhanced our ability to monitor and analyze melt rates, glacier flow and cumulative seasonal activities. Improved understanding is derived through multidisciplinary approaches and often unique solutions. We encourage submissions that utilize advanced technology and/or innovative techniques to better understand glacial environments. These techniques include, remote sensing, LiDAR, photogrammetry, time-lapse photography, GPS, seismic monitoring, marine geophysics, oceanography and more.

Abstracts are due Wednesday 8 August 2012 at: http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/

Regards,

David Finnegan – [hidden email]
Shad O'Neel – [hidden email]