AGU session: C011 Cryospheric Hazards

Mylène Jacquemart-2
Dear colleagues,

We invite you to submit abstracts to the Cryospheric Hazards session that we are excited to host at AGU in San Francisco this year. The session is co-organized between cryosphere and hazards, see description below. Feel free to share with colleagues who might be interested!

Session details:
Session ID: 84496
Session Title: Cryospheric Hazards
Section: Cryosphere [C011]
View Session Details: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/gateway.cgi
Invited Speakers: Carrie Vuyovich (NASA Goddard), Michele Koppes (UBC)
Conveners: Mylene Jacquemart (CU Boulder), Dan Shugar (U Calgary), Ned Bair (UC Santa Barbara), HP Marshall (Boise State)

Hazards from the rapidly changing cryosphere directly affect people in mountain areas and at high latitudes. Indirectly, these hazards affect many more people living downstream. In this session, we invite contributions on cryospheric hazards to foster connections between the hydrological, glaciological, geomorphological and natural hazard research communities who share common threads. We invite research on all cryospheric hazards, including and not limited to outburst floods, debris flows, rockfall and rock avalanches, supra- and paraglacial landslides, permafrost degradation, slope instability and creep hazards, volcano ice hazards, glacier instabilities, ice and snow avalanches, fracture of ice and snow, ice and snow mechanics, rain on snow flooding, hazards from sea and freshwater ice, coastal erosion due to reduced sea ice coverage and thawing of ice-rich bluffs, as well as cascading processes. We welcome studies using field observations, remote sensing, and numerical modelling to improve our: process understanding, assessment, and early warning systems.

The abstract submission site is now open and abstracts can be submitted until Wednesday, 31 July at 23:59 EDT.

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco!

Best regards,
Mylene Jacquemart