AGU session G11 "Mass transport in the Earth system"

AGU session G11 "Mass transport in the Earth system"

martin.horwath
Dear Colleagues,

we would like to draw your attention to the following session of the
upcoming AGU Fall Meeting:

G11 "Mass transport and mass distribution in the Earth system" (see
description below)

Covering mass transports within and between all subsystems of the  Earth
system, the session is particularly suited to link ice mass balance
results to a larger Earth system context and to communicate them to a
wider audience.

We encourage you to submit abstracts.
Abstract submission is open at http://agu-fm11.abstractcentral.com/
and the deadline for submissions is 4 August 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT.

Best regards,
Martin Horwath, Juergen Kusche, Tonie van Dam

G11 Session Description:
Ocean circulation, changes in continental water storage, melting of ice
sheets and glaciers, sea level change and convective flow in the Earth's
mantle are all processes that result in re-distribution of mass. Using
innovative and precise sensor systems such as gravity missions,
altimeters, and global GNSS networks, these changes can be observed. The
common analysis of these data improves our knowledge about these processes
and what they represent in terms of climate change or geodynamics. A
particular challenge is the separation of different processes from
modeling and data inversion. This session focuses on the reporting of new
scientific results, which enhance our ability to observe or model mass
changes in the Earth System.

---

Martin Horwath
Technische Universität München
Institut für Astronomische und Physikalische Geodäsie
Arcisstr. 21, 80333 München, Germany
Tel. +49-89-28923196
E-Mail: [hidden email]