AMOS 2021 call for abstracts: 8-12 February 2021

AMOS 2021 call for abstracts: 8-12 February 2021

Felicity McCormack
Dear Cryolist members,

We’d like to draw your attention to Session 6.4 at the upcoming Australian Meteorological & Oceanographic Society's conference in February 2021.

Session title: Polar contributions to sea level rise: past, present, future
Session description: Polar ice sheets are inherently linked to changes in the atmosphere and oceans, and are anticipated to be major contributors to future sea level rise. However, the timing, rate and magnitude of potential ice loss from polar regions gives rise to significant uncertainty in sea level projections. Understanding the impacts of ice mass loss on sea level requires cross-disciplinary efforts in numerical modelling, field observations, remote sensing, laboratory experiments, and theoretical advances. This session is intended to cover topics related to the impact of polar ice mass loss on global sea levels. This may include: numerical simulations or observations of past, present and future contributions of polar regions to global sea level change; and theory, observations and models of ice sheets, sea ice, solid Earth and climate, as well as their interactions, which help inform our understanding of ice flow and mass balance of polar ice sheets.

The AMOS conference will be held virtually from 8-12 February. Abstracts are due via their website (https://www.amos.org.au/call-for-abstracts/) by 11:59pm AEST, Friday, 6 November 2020.

We hope that this forum will bring together a diverse community to discuss observations, models, and theory of the contribution of polar regions to sea level rise.

We're looking forward to receiving your abstracts and seeing you online at AMOS!

Best regards,
Felicity on behalf of the convenors

--
Dr Felicity McCormack
Antarctic Research Fellow

We acknowledge and pay respects to the Elders and Traditional Owners of the land on which our four Australian campuses stand. Information for Indigenous Australians