APECS - June is Social Sciences!

Gerlis Fugmann
Dear all,

the Research Activities Committee of the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) is dedicating this June to Social Sciences!

We have developed a new APECS Social Sciences webpage for that at http://www.apecs.is/research-fields/social-sciences

We will be updating our website continuously with information on what APECS social sciences members are doing, who our mentors are, and how to find out more about polar social sciences! We will also have various activities, including a Virtual Poster Session showcasing some of the great research projects our members are working on and a career development workshop in connection with the 7th International Congress of Arctic Social Sciences in Akureyri, Iceland!

So if you are an early career researcher doing research in a field related to social sciences we encourage you to:

- post a brief update on your research, pictures or videos to the Social Sciences Bulletin Board;

- send us links or citations for your recent publications;

- join our Social Sciences mailing list;

- tell us about your research blog or website, so we can include a link to it for others to follow your efforts

Feel free to also send us other links or ideas so we can include them to the APECS Social Sciences website;  [hidden email] (Rosa Rut Thorisdottir) or [hidden email] (Gerlis Fugmann)

Best regards,

APECS June Social Sciences Working Group

Gerlis Fugmann
Department of Geography
Justus Liebig University Giessen
Senckenbergstr. 1
35390 Giessen
Germany

Tel: +49-641-9936203

Vice-President / Executive Committee Member, Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS)