APECS September 2011 Newsletter

APECS Director
This month our organization has many stories to share in the APECS newsletter. September is Sea Ice Month for APECS, and we will be highlighting the great work of APECS members, and the scientific community as a whole, studying this vital portion of the polar environment. We are also happy to announce the valuable support of Antarctica New Zealand for APECS to continue our work in helping the development of the next generation of polar researchers. And finally, we are saying farewell to Martin Bergmann and Teodor Negoita, two leaders in Polar research.

The newsletter also features news from our partner and the world of polar research, new career opportunities, and information on past and future workshops and field schools. The view and download the newsletter, please visit http://www.apecs.is/september2011.