APECS Virtual Poster Session 24th February, 17 GMT

APECS Virtual Poster Session 24th February, 17 GMT

APECS Director

Dear Cryolist members,

We would like to draw your attention to the upcoming APECS Virtual Poster Session, 24th February, 17 GMT.

For those not familiar with the APECS Virtual Poster Session (www.apecs.is/virtual-poster-session) - This effort focuses on bringing the concept of the poster presentation beyond the four walls of the conference hall and creates an online database of polar research poster publications. This project allows members with similar goals and interests to exchange information and assures a platform for the exchange of Arctic, Antarctic and Cryospheric research, policy,
and education activities that are Shaping the Future of Polar Research - and our calls let you share your research *LIVE* with people around the world!

At the end of January, the Arctic Frontiers Conference (http://www.arcticfrontiers.com/) in Tromso, Norway gathered scientists from around the world working on various aspects of Arctic Research. This month, we would like to announce a “post-Arctic Frontiers” Virtual Poster Session with two Early Career Scientists:

1. Kristin Heggland (UNIS/University of Bergen) et al.:

"Life history in Leptagonus decagonus (Atlantic poacher) in Svalbard waters"

2. Pamela Wong (University of Toronto/Queen’s University) et al.:

"Reliability, accuracy, and tracking techniques of Inuit hunters in estimating polar bear characteristics from tracks"

When: February 24th at 17:00 GMT.

TO ATTEND: log on to http://connect.canterbury.ac.nz/apecs-vps_11/

We will be using Adobe Connect Pro software, thanks to our partnership
with the University of Canterbury, to conduct these webinars which
requires Abode Flash Player installed on participants' computers.  If
your computer doesn't already have Adobe Flash installed, visit
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

This webinar will be available to 100 participants.  To reserve your spot, please send an email to Alexey Pavlov ([hidden email]).

Remaining spots will be available on a first come, first serve basis.

If you have not participated in a webinar before, we have a great
tutorial that you can watch and see how easy it is at
http://www.apecs.is/virtual-poster-session/live-sessions

For more information on the VPS – please go to:
http://www.apecs.is/virtual-poster-session

Best regards,
APECS Virtual Poster Session Group