APECS webinar: "Working with Northern Communities" - Nov 23 at 17:00 GMT

APECS webinar: "Working with Northern Communities" - Nov 23 at 17:00 GMT

Jenny Baeseman
The Association of Polar Early Career Scientist invites you to join our 8th Career Development webinar on Tuesday, Nov 23th at 17:00 GMT (visit http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html  to convert to your time zone).

Working with Northern Communities
--- Dr. Gary Kofinas, Associate Professor of Resource Policy & Management at University of Alaska Fairbanks School of Natural Resources & Agricultural Science

This seminar will address considerations when working within Northern communities—such as going through the proper channels to obtain permission to work in the communities, identifying and coordinating with local interests, ways to ensure involvement of the local community in the research, how to reciprocate knowledge back to the community, and how to ensure personal safety for researchers working in remote communities.

TO ATTEND: log on to http://connect.canterbury.ac.nz/arcss_8 .  If you plan to attend this webinar, please RSVP to [hidden email].

More information on the Webinar series can be found at http://apecs.is/webinars.

We will be using Adobe Connect Pro software to conduct these webinars which requires Abode Flash Player installed on participants' computers.  If your computer doesn't already have Adobe Flash installed, visit http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If you have not participated in a webinar before, we have a great tutorial that you can watch and see how easy it is at
http://www.apecs.is/virtual-poster-session/live-sessions