ART-APECS Workshop (Sopot, Poland, 23-26 October 2012)

ART-APECS Workshop (Sopot, Poland, 23-26 October 2012)

Christie Wood

Dear colleagues,

I would like to remind you that registration is now open for the Arctic in Rapid Transition (ART) Science Workshop to be held at the Institute of Oceanology in Sopot, Poland, from 23-26 October 2012: http://tinyurl.com/Sopot2012

The ART workshop will address the challenge of integrating modelling and observations in order to identify linkages between physical forcings and biogeochemical processes that are key to the ecosystem functioning of the Arctic Ocean. Discussions and presentations will revolve around the the "past-present-future" axis of ART, meaning that both paleo- and modern ecosystems will be thematically addressed.

The workshop is jointly organized with APECS and will propose training sessions on theoretical/practical aspects of marine sciences, as well as plenary talks and breakout sessions to initiate the writing of collaborative papers lead by both early career and senior scientists.

The ART-APECS Workshop is open to any scientists who share a common interest in improving our understanding and developing our projective capacity of the causes and implications of changing physical conditions on the Arctic marine ecosystems on multiple time-scales. Limited funding is available.

More information on the preliminary agenda, venue, preliminary list of invited speakers, as well as the registration form can be found on our webpage: http://www.iarc.uaf.edu/ART/workshops/2012/october

Registration deadline: 20 July 2012

For further information, do not hesitate to contact me or another member of the organizing committee.
Do not hesitate to advertise the workshop among your students and colleagues!

Looking forward to seeing you in Sopot!

Alexandre Forest ([hidden email])
Monika Kedra ([hidden email])
Carolyn Wegner ([hidden email])