Abstract submission: UK Antarctic Science Conference (10-12 Sept 2018)

Abstract submission: UK Antarctic Science Conference (10-12 Sept 2018)

Michael J. Bentley

Dear all,

Abstract submission for the above conference is open. Please go to https://www.dur.ac.uk/uk-antarctic-science/abstract/  where you will find details of posters, talks and a simple abstract template. Abstracts should be sent to [hidden email]

Abstract submission will close on 9th August.

We welcome submissions on any area of Antarctic Science, and we particularly encourage Early Career Researchers to use this opportunity to present their work.

Details of the conference, circulated earlier, are noted below.   Registration will open next week.

We look forward to seeing you in September.

Mike Bentley, on behalf of the local organising committee

Professor Mike Bentley

Head of Department

Geography | Durham University

Durham | DH1 3LE | UK

 _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

This year’s Antarctic Science Conference will be hosted at Durham on 10th-12th September 2018 (the conference will run from Monday lunchtime to Wednesday lunchtime). The conference will include oral and poster presentations, and abstracts are invited on any aspect of Antarctic Research.

Further information can be found on the conference website. Registration will open from next week and the website also contains details of the venue and accommodation booking: https://www.dur.ac.uk/uk-antarctic-science/

The conference dinner will take place in Hatfield College on the evening of Tuesday 11th September. Accommodation has been reserved in nearby Collingwood College. Other accommodation options are available for those who wish to make their own arrangements.

Durham is a spectacular cathedral city with a rich heritage. Narrow cobbled streets wind their way around the rocky peninsula to the majestic Norman cathedral and castle, which are a designated World Heritage Site. The city is well served by motorway access, Durham railway station and Newcastle International Airport (30 minutes by car, 1 hour by rail).

Save the date in your diary!

We look forward to seeing you in September.

Mike Bentley, on behalf of the local organising committee

Professor Mike Bentley

Head of Department

Geography | Durham University

Durham | DH1 3LE | UK