Abstracts extended (due 7 Dec): TACtical Workshop March 21-23 Hobart

Abstracts extended (due 7 Dec): TACtical Workshop March 21-23 Hobart

Karsten Gohl

Dear Colleagues,

Please note we have extended the abstract deadline by one week to 7th December 2017 for the Taking the Temperature of the Antarctic Continent (TACtical) Workshop March 21-23 2018 in Hobart, Australia.

We now have several confirmed keynote speakers:

Theme 1: Geothermal heat flux in ice sheet modelling (Conveners: Frank Pattyn, Felicity Graham) Keynote: Hélène Seroussi (JPL NASA)

Theme 2: Measuring and estimating geothermal heat flux through the cryosphere and on continental shelves (Conveners: Karsten Gohl, Slawek Tulaczyk, Jason Roberts) Keynote: Dustin Schroeder (Stanford University)

Theme 3: Estimating geothermal heat flux from solid Earth properties (Conveners: Weisen Shen, Jacqueline Halpin, Derrick Hasterok) Keynotes: Doug Wiens (Washington University in St Louis) + Yasmina Martos (NASA/ University of Maryland)

Theme 4: New technologies, future priorities, and data integration for Antarctic geothermal heat flux (Convener: Anya Reading) Keynote: Derrick Hasterok (University of Adelaide)

Further information, including the workshop themes and proposed outcomes, abstract submission and registration, is all available here:

http://www.conferences.com.au/2018TACtical/

Early bird registration (before 21st January 2018) AUD $250 (includes conference dinner)

We have a great selection of abstracts and keynotes so far, and encourage any last minute contributions!

Kind regards,

TACtical Workshop organising committee

Jacqueline Halpin & Anya Reading (UTAS, Australia), Karsten Gohl (AWI, Germany), Weisen Shen (WashU, USA), Frank Pattyn (ULB, Belgium)

--

PD Dr. Karsten Gohl
Alfred-Wegener-Institut