Adopt a Glacier at NSIDC

Allaina M. Wallace
Dear colleagues,

http://nsidc.org/rocs/adopt-a-glacier/

Looking for a holiday gift that is tax deductible and helps to preserve historic cryospheric data? Adopt a Glacier through NSIDC’s Archives and Resource Center (ARC) and you’ll receive a personalized certificate suitable for framing and a fact sheet about the glacier. All funds go toward the creation of an endowment for the sustainability of the archives collection and staff.

The Roger G. Barry Archives and Resource Center at the National Snow and Ice Data Center maintains a unique and rare collection, documenting early polar exploration and the first scientific expeditions to the far reaches of our planet. These collections provide researchers priceless historical insight into how the Earth’s polar and icy regions have changed. As a soft money funded organization with no endowment, our facility is under threat. Traditional funding sources no longer support the collection. Your donation will help create an endowment to sustain these resources for research into the future.

Our immediate goal is to raise $25,000 by May 2013. Please support us today.

For more about the collections held in the Archives, and how you can access them, visit http://nsidc.org/rocs/analog_archives/holdings.html

Feel free to contact me for more information about the collections or about donating to support the endowment.

Thank you in advance for your support!

Allaina
--
Allaina M. Wallace