Announcement for posters for the 7th Ice-Diminishing Arctic Symposium

Announcement for posters for the 7th Ice-Diminishing Arctic Symposium

Sean Helfrich - NOAA Federal

We cordially invite authors to submit posters for the 7th Symposium on the Impacts of an Ice-Diminishing Arctic on Naval and Maritime Operations, co-hosted by the US National Ice Center (NIC) and the US Arctic Research Commission (USARC) to be held on 18-20 July 2017 at the Naval Heritage Center, 701 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC, USA.

We welcome submissions on Arctic-related topics such as marine transportation, infrastructure, security, commerce, policy, law, technology, and science. Interdisciplinary topics are also encouraged. The deadline to submit poster abstracts is 5:00 pm, Friday, July 14.

The maximum size for the poster is 36 inches  by 48 inches. The Symposium organizers will provide a foam board on which you can pushpin your poster. Easels will also be provided at the venue, to hold the boards. Abstracts for poster contributions are to be submitted via the conference website:https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/Ice2017/posters.php

At a minimum, posters should include author names, affiliations, contact information, and an abstract. They also typically contain an introduction, materials and methods, results, conclusions, references, and acknowledgments.

If you are attending in person, and have not yet done so, please register at the Symposium website: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/Ice2017/index.php.  On the site, you will also find information regarding the program, logistics, travel, and on other topics. The posters will be displayed for the duration of the symposium, and authors are encouraged to participate in a dedicated “poster session” that will be held during a symposium reception the evening of July 18th. Authors are not required to remain by their posters during any particular period, but are encouraged to do so, or remain available, during scheduled breaks each day. Please contact me know if you have any questions or concerns.

For poster authors not attending in person, please let me know if you need special assistance to display your poster at the Symposium.

We look forward to seeing you in Washington, DC and learning about your work.

Sean Helfrich