Announcing the 2011 AGU Nye Lecturer and Cryosphere Young Investigator Award recipient

Announcing the 2011 AGU Nye Lecturer and Cryosphere Young Investigator Award recipient

Anne Nolin-2
Dear Cryolist Readers,

On behalf on the AGU Cryosphere Focus Group Executive Committee, We would like to announce this year's AGU Nye Lecturer and the recipient of the Cryosphere Young Investigator Award.

Dr. Tad Pfeffer (University of Colorado) has been selected to present the Nye Lecture at the 2011 AGU Fall Meeting
Dr. Valentina Radic (University of British Columbia) has been selected to receive the Cryosphere Young Investigator Award.
We look forward to seeing many of you at the AGU meeting this year (Dec. 5-9) in San Francisco.
This year's Nye Lecture title is "We Are All Engineers Now: Delivering Useful Projections Of Sea Level" and is scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 6th 5:00-6:00 PM, Moscone Room 104. The Young Investigator Award will be presented immediately prior to the lecture itself.
We would also like to thank the National Snow and Ice Data Center for their continued support of the YI award with their donation of a $700 travel stipend to the recipient.

Congratulations to both Tad and Valentina!

Kind regards,
Anne Nolin, Chair, AGU Cryosphere Focus Group
Shad O'Neel and Mary Albert (Chairs, Nye Lecture and Young Investigator Awards Committees)

Anne Nolin
Associate Professor
Department of Geosciences
Wilkinson 104