Antarctica Day 2020 - Online at APECS

Azamat Tolipov
Dear Cryolisters,

The international polar community celebrates Antarctica Day on the 1st of December to commemorate the 61st anniversary of the Antarctic Treaty. This year, the APECS Antarctica Day Project Group has planned a series of activities for everyone, members and non-members, to raise awareness of the importance of Antarctica in a fast-changing world.

To celebrate with you, the APECS Antarctica Day PG has organized a series of activities, including Art and Photo Contests, video production and two webinars sessions, to which we would like to invite you all!

The webinar sessions are themed Building bridges between Science and Governance & Science in Antarctica – First-hand experiences. You can also learn about how to get to Antarctica. They will take place on December 1, 2020 (we apologize for the short notice) and accommodate the following two time zones:

Session 1 (7.00am - 9.00am GMT)

Session 2 (7.00pm - 9.00pm GMT)

Please make sure you sign up for the sessions as soon as possible so you will have enough time to receive the confirmation email with the Zoom link to the webinar.

More information, including webinar details and how to engage in the activities, can be found on our official webpage:

With any inquiries, please contact [hidden email] or any of the following project group members: Azamat ([hidden email]), Nicole ([hidden email])

Best wishes,
Azamat on behalf of Antarctica Day PG