Arctic Change 2017 - Session COA06 - Coastal Processes and the Vulnerability of Communities, Resources and Ecosystems

Arctic Change 2017 - Session COA06 - Coastal Processes and the Vulnerability of Communities, Resources and Ecosystems

hlantuit

Dear Cryolisters,

we invite you to submit abstracts for our upcoming session on "Coastal Processes and the Vulnerability of Communities, Resources and Ecosystems" at the Arctic Change Conference 2017.

When: December 11-15
Where: Qu├ębec City
Deadline: SEPTEMBER 22
Link: http://www.arcticnetmeetings.ca/ac2017/pages/registration.php
Session Description:

Arctic coastlines cover one third of the global coastline. These coastlines are changing faster than anywhere else in the world which has huge implications to coastal communities, resources and nearshore eco-systems. This session is aimed at bringing together new and exciting research on the processes and evolution of coastal change in Arctic Regions. What critical resources and infrastructure are at risk and how are vulnerable communities being affected? Furthermore, how does the coastal system react to the changing amount of organic matter and contaminants released to the nearshore zone and lastly can we predict the future, what will this vulnerable landscape and eco-system look like in the next century.

Dustin Whalen & Hugues Lantuit

--

Prof. Dr. Hugues Lantuit
Section Periglacial Research