CALL FOR SESSIONS - YOUMARES 2020 - The Conference for Young Marine Research (September 2020, Kiel, Germany)

CALL FOR SESSIONS - YOUMARES 2020 - The Conference for Young Marine Research (September 2020, Kiel, Germany)

Steven Franke

Dear colleagues and friends,

We are happy to tell you that YOUMARES, the conference for YOUng MARine RESearch, is going for its 11th round.

YOUMARES will take place from the 15. – 18 September in Kiel, co-hosted by the GEOMAR - Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research

Today we are excited to announce our Call for Sessions just opened.

As we believe in the power of shared knowledge we want to JOIN FORCES from the marine realm at this year’s YOUMARES 11 conference.

No matter if you are a marine scientist, marine engineer, innovator in the marine field, belonging to an NGO, a social scientist,

or an expert in marine governance and policy WE INVITE YOU to create an interdisciplinary hotspot with us.

We are calling for advanced students (MA), early career scientists (PhD students, PhDs), and young innovators to host a session at YOUMARES 11.

As a group or as a single person you have the unique opportunity to give your science or expertise a platform.

You define your session, invite your speakers, design your program, and finally chair your session.

To submit your session, please follow these steps:

1) Write a Call for Abstracts for your session, short but significant (350 words), including:

- Title

- Name of session host(s)

- Aim of the session

- Relevance for the field

- In which of the following fields you see your session: marine science/ marine technology/ marine social sciences / marine governance /

2) Write a short letter (300 words max) giving answers to the following three questions:

i) Imagine you had an unlimited funding for a project of your choice, what would you do?

ii) How, in your eyes, would an ideal cooperation of the three forces look like?

iii) If you had a superpower, what would it be?

3) Attach your most recent CV.

4) Send it in one PDF file to [hidden email]

To learn more about YOUMARES11, just follow us on Facebook, Instagram or have a look at our new webpage https://www.youmares.org/

We would be happy for any sharing and spreading the word, therefore, you find attached a PDF version of this call.

We are looking forward to JOINING FORCES at YOUMARES!

Or as Yoda would say: *DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY*

             Your YOUMARES organization team

--

Sarah Zwicker
PhD Candidate

Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT)
Fahrenheitstra├če 8
D - 28359 Bremen

Phone: +49(0)421 238 00-148
Fax: +49(0)421 238 00-30