CL1.1 , Studying the climate of the last two millennia: Call for abstracts

CL1.1 , Studying the climate of the last two millennia: Call for abstracts

Hugo Beltrami

Dear colleagues,

Please consider submitting an abstract to our session at vEGU21: Gather Online, 19-30 April 2021:

CL1.1
Studying the climate of the last two millennia
Conveners: Sarah S. Eggleston, Stella Alexandroff, Hugo Beltrami, Steven Phipps, Andrea Seim
https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU21/session/40692

The abstract deadline is 13 January 2021, 13:00 CET.

Session description:
This session aims to place recently observed climate change in a long-term perspective by highlighting the importance of paleoclimate research spanning the past 2000 years. We invite presentations that provide insights into past climate variability, over decadal to millennial timescales, from different paleoclimate archives (ice cores, marine sediments, terrestrial records, historical archives and more). In particular, we are focussing on quantitative temperature and hydroclimate reconstructions, and reconstructions of large-scale modes of climate variability from local to global scales. This session also encourages presentations on the attribution of past climate variability to external drivers or internal climate processes, data syntheses, model-data comparison exercises, proxy system modelling, and novel approaches to producing multi-proxy climate field reconstructions.

Best wishes,
Stella Alexandroff
Hugo Beltrami
Sarah Eggleston
Steven Phipps
Andrea Seim
--
Hugo Beltrami Ph.D.
Professor and Canada Research Chair in Climate Dynamics

****
"..Il n'est pas de sauveurs suprêmes
Ni Dieu, ni César, ni tribun
Producteurs, sauvons-nous nous-mêmes