CLIVASH2k workshop - registration deadline 17th August.

CLIVASH2k workshop - registration deadline 17th August.

Thomas, Liz
*Reminder CLIVASH2k workshop - registration deadline 17th August*

Climate Variability in Antarctica and the Southern Hemisphere in the past 2000 years
Tuesday 4th- Wednesday 5th September 2018
British Antarctic Survey, Cambridge, UK.

CLIVASH2k is a PAGES 2k project, which aims to improve our understanding of large scale modes of climate variability and the mechanisms and drivers of climate change in Antarctica, the sub-Antarctic and the wider Southern Hemisphere during the past 2000 years. Investigating how large-scale modes of atmospheric circulation, such as the Southern Annular Mode (SAM) and the Interdecadal Pacific Oscillation (IPO), influence the climate in Antarctica and the Southern Hemisphere on a regional scale.

Together with support from two SCAR scientific research programmes, AntClim21 and PAIS, we will be hosting a 2-day workshop investigating climate variability in Antarctica and the Southern Hemisphere over the past 2000 years.

The workshop is open to all.  We want to engage a broad spectrum of the scientific community, including paleoclimate data gathers (such as ice cores, lake sediments, marine records, and terrestrial records), climatologists and climate modellers. We especially encourage those who wish to be actively contribute to the CLIVASH2k project goals, including contribution to synthesis products and publications. The workshop will be informative but be prepared to get involved!

Our aim is to review and evaluate our current understanding of the drivers of Southern Hemisphere climate variability, through short presentations, posters and discussion sessions.

A full programme will be available on the CLIVASH2k webpage shortly.
http://pastglobalchanges.org/ini/wg/2k-network/projects/clivash

Register for this event
Standard registration fee £65 per person (plus fees)
Student fee (for students currently enrolled for a PhD) £15 per person (plus fees)

Click here to register
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/clivash2k-workshop-tickets-46359412250

Registration includes morning and afternoon refreshments, buffet lunch and an evening dinner (4th September).
Registration deadline: 17th August

Accommodation:
Churchill College is one of the largest Cambridge campuses, just a short walk (~20 mins) from the British Antarctic Survey and close to the city centre.
A limited number of discounted rate bed and breakfast accommodation is available for workshop participants, bookable via the registration page.
£200 per person for 3-nights (Monday 3rd, Tuesday 4th and Wednesday 5th Sept)
Single, ensuite rooms with self-service breakfast and free wifi

Rooms can also be booked directly with the college (subject to availability), including double and twin rooms.
https://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/conferences/services/bandb/

Kind regards
Liz Thomas and Tom Bracegirdle

Dr Liz Thomas