Call for AGU abstracts: Ecohydrological Interactions with Precipitation (H051)

Call for AGU abstracts: Ecohydrological Interactions with Precipitation (H051)

John Van Stan
Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to the AGU Fall Meeting session titled “Ecohydrological Interactions with Precipitation." The Fall Meeting will be held in Washington DC from December 10-14, 2018 and abstract submissions are due by August 1 at 11:59 EDT. We are very excited to inform you of the invited authors for this session:

Ethan Gutmann (National Center for Atmospheric Research)
Tim Link (University of Idaho)

We hope to see you in Washington DC. A detailed description of the session follows:

Session ID#: 49290 (H051) <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/49290/>
Session description: Forests, shrubs, crops, grasslands and epiphyte vegetation have diverse and complex interactions with precipitation. These interactions can impact subsequent hydrologic (and reliant ecological) processes in the litter, soils and down-gradient ecosystems in groundwaters, wetlands and streams. This session welcomes experimental, modelling, synthesis and scaling studies that enhance our understanding of the hydrologic and biogeochemical processes at the intersection point between vegetation and precipitation. As such, we invite submissions regarding a broad array of topics, including: novel datasets across all scales (from rain gauge to lidar to satellite); scaling of ecohydrological processes; interception and net precipitation water quantity and quality dynamics; effects of stressors across scales, from local canopy infestation to climate change; and plant-soil or biosphere-atmosphere interactions. To foster interdisciplinary exchange and advance terrestrial ecohydrological understanding, studies on state-of-the-art methods and studies that cross disciplinary boundaries are especially encouraged.

Note that this session has been selected for the eLightning presentation format! eLightning sessions consist of (1) 3-minute lightning presentation for each presenter, (2) group discussion or general Q&A, and then (3) time for individual presenters to hold more in-depth discussions at an assigned touchscreen monitor. Previous eLightning presentations have been very well attended and examples can be found here: <https://agu2017fallmeeting-agu.ipostersessions.com/Default.aspx?s=gallery/>

Index Terms: Biogeochemical cycles, processes, and modeling; Eco-hydrology; Evapotranspiration; Precipitation; Stable isotope geochemistry, Plant ecology

We look forward to your contributions!
Best regards from the conveners,
John Van Stan and Jan Friesen