Call for Abstracts - Observations and Models in Canadian Glaciology (CGU 2012)

Call for Abstracts - Observations and Models in Canadian Glaciology (CGU 2012)

joseph.shea
Dear colleagues;

We invite you to submit abstracts for CGU session H2: Observations and Models in Canadian Glaciology in the upcoming Canadian Geophysical Union Annual Meeting, 5 - 8 June 2012 in Banff, AB, Canada.

Session Description:
Glaciers are sensitive indicators of climatic change. Recent evidence from western Canada and the Arctic reveals substantial retreat and downwasting over the last 30 years. This retreat bears directly on hydro-electric power generation, aquatic ecosystems and sea-level rise. The proposed session encourages submissions that (a) observe and model glacier mass balance; (b) use remote sensing techniques to document glacier change; (c) examine links between meteorological processes and glacier mass balance; and (d) assess the hydrologic and ecosystem impacts of glacier change.   We also welcome contributions that aim to model the fate of Canadian glaciers under future climate change scenarios.

Deadline for submissions is 15 February 2012, and submission guidelines and details can be found here:  http://www.elements2012.ca/pro/Guidelines.pdf

Looking forward to seeing you in Banff!

Conveners: Joseph Shea and Brian Menounos

--
Joseph Shea
Post-Doctoral Fellow