The Sea Ice Prediction Network (SIPN) announces the call for contributions for the 2017 Sea Ice Outlook August report (based on May, June, and July Data).
- Submission deadline: 6:00 p.m. (AKDT) on Friday, 11 August 2017.
- Guidelines for contributors can be found at: https://www.arcus.org/sipn/sea-ice-outlook/2017/august/call.
For questions, contact Betsy Turner-Bogren, ARCUS Email: [hidden email]
The Sea Ice Outlook provides an open process for those interested in Arctic sea ice to share ideas. The monthly reports contain a variety of perspectives ranging from advanced numerical models to qualitative perspectives from citizen scientists. A post-season report will provide an in-depth analysis of factors driving sea ice this summer as well as explore the scientific methods for predicting seasonal conditions.
Pan-Arctic and Alaska Regional Sea Ice Extent Outlooks and any additional figures and gridded fields will be accepted for the 2017 August Outlook. We particularly encourage submissions for the Alaska region (i.e., Bering, Chukchi, and Beaufort seas). Submissions that include spatial forecast maps are encouraged. We are also accepting pan-Antarctic sea ice extent of the September monthly mean.
We encourage all past contributors to submit Outlooks this year and we also hope to see new participants!
NEW SUBMISSION PROCESS:
An on-line form has been designed for submitting contributions to the 2017 SIO, in order to make the submission process as efficient as possible. If you submitted an Outlook in June, you can use the link that was emailed to you from "Google Forms" to edit your previous entries.
Required and core information will be collected on a Google-based form: https://goo.gl/forms/kKSpPgjyD9B4I1IC3
Submissions of more detailed Outlooks reports, including discussions of uncertainties, probabilities, relevant figures, references, and submissions of gridded data or full spatial fields will be accepted via Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/request/FogfdEenGGNxbd9t7WMN
Note: If either the Google form or Dropbox are not workable options, files may be sent via email to: [hidden email].
For more information about the SIO, please see:
Or, contact Betsy Turner-Bogren at ARCUS ([hidden email]).
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE FOR SEA ICE OUTLOOK 2017 MONTHLY REPORTS
JUNE REPORT: (Based on May data)
- 26 May 2017 (Friday): Call for Contributions for June Report
- 12 June 2017 (Monday): Contributions Due for June Report
- 30 June 2017 (Friday): June Report Released
JULY REPORT: (Based on May and June data)
- 6 July 2017 (Thursday): Call for Contributions for July Report
- 13 July 2017 (Thursday): Contributions Due for July Report
- 24 July 2017 (Monday): July Report Released
AUGUST REPORT: (Based on May, June, and July data)
- 28 July 2017 (Friday): Call for Contributions for August Report
- 11 August (Friday) 2017: Contributions Due for August Report
- 23 August (Wednesday) 2017: August Report Released
- Developed during September-November 2017
Note: A call for nominations for a post-season SIO Action Team will be circulated in early September via the SIPN mailing list:
Arctic Research Consortium of the U.S. (ARCUS)
3535 College Road Suite 101
Fairbanks, AK 99709-3710
Follow ARCUS on twitter: @ArcticResearch
You're subscribed to the CRYOLIST mailing list
To send a message to the list, email [hidden email]
For posting guidelines, see http://cryolist.org/posting.html
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|