Call for INQUA Abstracts: "The BIG MIS 4: Records of worldwide MIS 4 glacial, climatic and environmental changes"

Call for INQUA Abstracts: "The BIG MIS 4: Records of worldwide MIS 4 glacial, climatic and environmental changes"

Alice Doughty
Do you or your colleagues have MIS 4 paleoclimate data?

We invite you to submit an abstract to the BIG MIS 4 session (info below) at INQUA in Dublin (July 25-31, 2019).  Abstracts are due Jan. 9th: http://www.inqua2019.org/call-for-abstracts/
If you are not attending INQUA, but have an interest in MIS 4, we'd still love to hear from you and if you have some citations to recommend ([hidden email]).

Best regards,
Alice, Carly, Steve

------The BIG MIS 4: Records of worldwide Marine Isotope Stage 4 glacial, climatic, and environmental changes------

Marine Isotope Stage (MIS) 4 may have been more extreme (“glacial-like”)  than MIS 2, including during the global Last Glacial Maximum. To what extent this statement might be true depends on the climatic parameter and region of interest. Mounting evidence from a range of archives – for example glacial extent and surface ocean temperatures in the Southern Hemisphere – suggests that conditions during MIS 4 may actually have been more severe (e.g., colder) than the more universally accepted glacial maximum of MIS 2, suggesting that much of our long-held understanding of glacial development may require reevaluation. In this session we welcome contributions that contribute toward improving our understanding of MIS 4 glaciation, climate, and ocean circulation.  Research may include, but is not limited to, climate proxies, greenhouse gasses, sea level, circulation change, glacier extents, chronologies, and modeling.