Call for Polar Film Festival Submissions (USAPECS)

Call for Polar Film Festival Submissions (USAPECS)

Mariama Dryak

In conjunction with Polar Week this September USAPECS is organizing our third Polar Film Festival! The festival will showcase several short videos on topics related to the Polar regions to the public and broader APECS community. Films will be hosted each day digitally on our website, in accordance with each day’s theme.

This year’s themes are:

  • Tipping the Balance: Exploring rapid changes in polar ice cover

  • Polar Research, Fieldwork and Citizen Science

  • Melt: An Exploration of Life in the Polar Ice Pack

  • Polar Industries

  • Environmental issues in the Polar regions

If you would like to submit or suggest any short films or videos (1-30 minutes long) related to one of this year’s themes for viewing, please submit them using this google form: https://goo.gl/forms/zZ2i4S2wfjGOx8lq1. Submissions of independently created films (created by you or someone you know) are welcomed and encouraged. In the past, we’ve featured works ranging from feature films and documentaries to independently-produced videos, interviews and news reports, so we welcome a diversity of submissions. We are also looking for people to host in-person screenings this fall, so if you’re interested in helping to do so please indicate this as such on the film submission form or email [hidden email].

We’ve held this event the past two years and had great turn out, so we hope to get similar participation this time. Last year’s videos can be viewed at usapecs.wixsite.com/usapecs/pff2017.

Kind regards,

USAPECS Board

US Association of Polar Early Career Scientists

--
Mariama Dryak (she/her/hers)
Graduate Research Assistant