Call for Submissions to AGU 2017 Session C025: "Polar Climate: Processes and Predictability"

Call for Submissions to AGU 2017 Session C025: "Polar Climate: Processes and Predictability"

Fyke, Jeremy Garmeson

We would be very excited for researchers working on polar climate to share their work in our our AGU 2017 Session, "Polar Climate: Processes & Predictability", with invited speakers Clara Deser and Andrew Thompson.  Accurate polar climate prediction on seasonal to multidecadal timescales could benefit a wide range of stakeholders, from local residents to governmental policy makers. Yet few modeling studies have predicted recent changes in the Arctic or Antarctic with fidelity. In this session, we seek studies that identify sources of predictability, evaluate causes of variability, and characterize uncertainty in polar climate prediction. We also welcome studies that link polar climate predictability to extra-polar phenomena. This session aims to connect scientists across a wide range of disciplines – those studying land ice, sea ice, ocean, atmosphere, and their coupling – whose research has furthered our understanding of Arctic or Antarctic climates.

Sincerely,

Hansi Singh (Convener)
Cecilia Bitz, Jeremy Fyke, and Sarah Purkey (Co-conveners)