Call for abstracts: vEGU21 CR6.1 Permafrost Open Session

Call for abstracts: vEGU21 CR6.1 Permafrost Open Session

Helena Bergstedt

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to our EGU session “CR6.1 Permafrost Open Session

(session details and links for abstract submission provided below)

Due to the ongoing pandemic EGU 2021 will be run virtually.

Useful links:

https://egu21.eu/about/provisional_format_of_egu21.html

https://egu21.eu/abstracts_and_programme/how_to_submit_an_abstract.html

https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU21/sessionprogramme

Please consider to submit your contribution to our session by *13 January

2021 at 13:00 CET.*

Session details:

The Permafrost Open Session is intended as a forum for current research on permafrost and permafrost-dominated landscapes. It addresses (1) novel observations of permafrost-related phenomena; (2) the impact of permafrost changes on the natural and human environment; (3) advances and new developments in the measurement, modeling, parameterization, and understanding of periglacial processes. It will bring together investigations of high-latitude, mountain, and planetary permafrost.

We seek contributions that reflect diverse scientific fields, approaches, and geographic locations. With its broad focus, this session is designed to complement related but more specialized sessions. We particularly encourage contributions that (a) present novel measurement and monitoring approaches; (b) outline new strategies to improve process understanding; (c) come from or interface with neighboring fields of science or apply innovative technologies and methods; (d) investigate model validation, model uncertainty, and scaling issues; (e) couple models of diverse processes or scales.

Please feel free to circulate this announcement to colleagues who may be

interested. And feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Kind regards,

Helena, Ben, Florence, Melissa and Simon

--
Helena Bergstedt, PhD

Post-Doctoral Fellow - Remote Sensing of Permafrost Landscapes
Council member of the Permafrost Young Researchers Network (PYRN)

University of Alaska Fairbanks
Water and Environmental Research Center | Institute of Northern Engineering
1764 Tanana Loop | Fairbanks, AK 99775, US