Call for glacier ice thickness data

World Glacier Monitoring Service
Dear member of the Cryolist,

What is the total volume of all glaciers on Earth?

The uncertainty of a corresponding estimate strongly depends on the
availability of glacier ice-thickness observations as compiled in the
Glacier Thickness Database (GlaThiDa, [1]).

In collaboration with the IACS’ working group on Glacier Ice Thickness
Estimation [2], we are opening now a call-for-data for version 3.0 of
GlaThiDa: http://wgms.ch/glathida_cfd/

Please share your ice thickness observations on glaciers and help the
science community to improve its estimates on the total glacier volume.

The deadline for data submission is 1st of August 2018, so that GlaThiDa
3.0 can be released by end of the year.

If you have any questions relate to the data submission, please do not
hesitate to contact us!

Michael Zemp (Director WGMS) and Daniel Farinotti (on behalf WG
co-chairs)

[1] GlaThiDa: http://www.gtn-g.ch/data_catalogue_glathida/
[2] IACS Working Group website:
http://www.cryosphericsciences.org/wg_glacierIceThickEst.html

+ + + +

World Glacier Monitoring Service (WGMS)
Department of Geography
University of Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 190
8057 Zurich
SWITZERLAND

phone: +41-44 635 51 39
email: [hidden email]
http://www.wgms.ch

- - - - - - - quick links - - - - - - -

Glacier Monitoring Session @ EGU 2018:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/26454

Glacier & Ice Sheet Session @ POLAR 2018:
http://www.polar2018.org/cr-cryosphere.html

WGMS achievements and future challenges:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNMYHz_5c04

GTN-G Global Glacier Browser:
http://gtn-g.org/data_browser.html

WGMS Fluctuations of Glaciers Browser:
http://www.wgms.ch/fogbrowser/

WGMS Glacier App 2.0:
http://wgms.ch/glacierapp/

Global Glacier Change Bulletin No. 2 (2014-2015):
http://wgms.ch/ggcb/

Glossary of Glacier Mass Balance and Related Terms:
http://www.geo.uzh.ch/~mzemp/Docs/Cogley_etal_2011.pdf

Call for glacier ice thickness data: deadline 1st of August

World Glacier Monitoring Service
Dear member of the Cryolist,

This is a kind reminder of the data submission deadline for GlaThiDa
3.0: 1st of August.

Please use the next seven weeks to share your glacier ice thickness
observations with the science community: http://wgms.ch/glathida_cfd/

Glacier Monitoring Session @ AGU 2018:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/preliminaryview.cgi/Session47217