Call for nominations: EGU Cryosphere Medal and Award 2020

Call for nominations: EGU Cryosphere Medal and Award 2020

Olaf Eisen
Dear members of Cryolist,

we are looking for nominations for the EGU medals and awards. More specifically, the EGU Division on Cryospheric Sciences awards two prizes each year:

- The Julia and Johannes Weertman Medal is reserved for individuals in recognition of their outstanding scientific contribution to the study of the cryosphere on Earth or elsewhere in the solar system:

The Julia and Johannes Weertman Medal was formerly known as Louis Agassiz Medal. For more information please see

- The Division Outstanding Early Career Scientist Award recognizes scientific achievements in the field covered by the cryospheric division, made by an early career scientist.

Please consider submitting a nomination. This is also your chance to take an active part in
 increasing diversity in the group of EGU awardees and medallists! We encourage the EGU membership to consider gender, geographical and cultural balance when nominating outstanding Earth, planetary and space scientists at various career stages.

The final deadline for nominating candidates for both of these awards is 15 June 2019.

For more information on proposing candidates and on the selection process, please see:

The awards and medals will be presented at the EGU General Assembly 2020 (3–8 May) in Vienna.

Nominations for all the Medals and Awards should be submitted on-line:
https://www.egu.eu/login/?next=/user-area/nominations/form/

Before submitting a nomination, please take a look at our guidelines and checklist to make sure your nomination and supporting documents satisfy the EGU requirements:
https://www.egu.eu/user-area/nominations/proposal-and-selection-of-candidates/

Best Regards,

Olaf Eisen

President of the EGU Division on Cryospheric Sciences
CR contact: [hidden email]
CR on Twitter: @EGU_CR