Call open for PhD Program in Earth System Modelling (IMPRS-ESM)

Call open for PhD Program in Earth System Modelling (IMPRS-ESM)

Florian Ziemen
Hello everybody,

the PhD program of the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, is looking for new PhD students. Topics will be officially be decided upon during/after the interviews. The institute has a strong focus on earth system modeling. I’d recommend talking with potential supervisors before applying. Application deadline is September, 15. Start of the PhD would be in 2019. The semester fee mentioned in the pdf currently is about 650 Euros per year (includes local public transport).

Details at http://imprs-esm.mpimet.mpg.de
For questions, please contact: [hidden email]

Cheers

Flo

>======================================================================<

And here the official announcement:

Dear colleague,

With this message I am sending again information regarding the annual worldwide call for applications to the International Max Planck Research School on Earth System Modelling (IMPRS-ESM).

Since 2001, our structured doctoral program provides an interdisciplinary infrastructure to PhD candidates from different parts of the world, such that they can advance their academic training and complete a doctoral thesis within 3 years. The selection of PhD candidates is highly competitive and entirely based on qualification and motivation for doctoral studies in the interdisciplinary Earth system modelling.  However, IMPRS-ESM also aims for a balanced composition regarding national and international candidates and with respect to gender.

With this message I would like to ask you to please bring our PhD program to the attention of bright young students and encourage them to compete for one of the several doctoral positions available in 2019. Financial support is provided. Detailed information is available on http://www.imprs-esm.mpimet.mpg.de.

Please send the attached announcement to potential candidates and forward it to your colleagues. We highly appreciate your support in our attempt to draw attention to our PhD program. Thank you!

Antje Weitz, PhD
Coordinator of the IMPRS-ESM

--
International Max Planck Research School on Earth System Modelling (IMPRS-ESM)
Bundesstr. 53, 20146 Hamburg - Germany

phone:  +49 (0) 40 41173 - 467   /   fax:    +49 (0) 40 41173 - 366
web:     www.imprs-esm.mpimet.mpg.de / www.mpimet.mpg.de

--
Dr. Florian Ziemen
Max Planck Institute for Meteorology

Tel: +49 40 41173 136
http://mpimet.mpg.de/~ziemen.florian

IMPRS-ESM_Call_2019.pdf (136K) Download Attachment