Consider submitting to a Diversity & Inclusion session at AGU

Consider submitting to a Diversity & Inclusion session at AGU

Benjamin Keisling
Hi all,

As the abstract submission deadline for AGU approaches, I wanted to draw your attention to a session highlighting efforts to make the Geosciences more diverse and inclusive.

ED003, "Aiming for Truly Diverse Diversity to Strengthen the Geoscience Community": https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/50896

I am reaching out because I know many of you are involved in cryosphere-related initiatives whose goals align or overlap with those of this session. AGU is an opportunity for our community to come together and reflect on best practices, lessons learned, and existing obstacles to making our field stronger and more inclusive, and submitting an abstract to a session like this is a great way to get involved in that conversation.

Note that AGU rules dictate that you may submit a first-author abstract to an Education or Public Policy session in addition to another session. Even if you have already submitted an AGU abstract, I invite you to consider the additional impact that sharing your work on Diversity and Inclusion could have on our community (not to mention your own CV!). Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

All the best,

Benjamin Keisling
Ph.D. Candidate
University of Massachusetts Amherst