#CryosphereWednesdays

Heïdi Sevestre

Calling for all my fellow glaciologists and other cryosphere scientists on twitter!

To celebrate the imminent launch of the IPCC Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate (SROCC), we want to raise awareness about the word "Cryosphere".

To do this, the International Cryosphere Climate Initiative (ICCI) are initiating a "twitter storm" on Wednesdays for the next two weeks (Sept 11 and Sept 18), leading up to the SROCC release on Wednesday, September 25th.

Please tell your followers what the Cryosphere is, what you find so interesting about it, and more about your field of expertise!  Feel free to be either serious or humorous about the term itself (prove that cryosphere scientists, even though we’re all dealing with some fairly serious issues these days, can also have some fun!).  The main goal is for many more people to understand what “cryosphere” means, just as they do about the word “atmosphere,” by the time the SROCC actually comes out.

Even if you don’t have time to tweet yourself, please go ahead and re-tweet from some of us doing so: @heidisevestre @heidimountains @iccinet @IPCC_CH

Here are some suggested hashtags:

#Cryosphere

#CryosphereWednesdays

#WhatsACryosphere

#StayCool

#CryosphereSchool

#SROCC

#IPCC

#SciComm

Looking forward to seeing a lot of #Cryosphere tweets tomorrow Wednesday!  Have fun with this!

Best regards,

Heidi Sevestre