Cultural glaciological examples?

Peter G. Knight
Dear Cryolisters,

I am doing research for a new book that covers glaciers from both
scientific and cultural points of view. Part of the book will address
how glaciers have featured in cultural media such as art, literature,
etc, throughout history, and as part of my research I am seeking out as
many examples as I can find of glaciers in art / poetry / cinema /
theatre etc..

If any fellow cryolisters have a particular interest in that sort of
thing and can suggest anything I might have missed I would be really
grateful for your ideas. I'm interested in both modern and (especially)
  historical examples, and any suggestions, links, references or just
half-remembered names or titles will be much appreciated.

Please contact me off-list at the address below if you have any ideas.

Very many thanks,

Peter

e-mail: [hidden email]

--
Dr Peter G. Knight,
School of Physical and Geographical Sciences,

e-mail: [hidden email]

http://www.keele.ac.uk/eesg/people/pgk/

http://www.twitter.com/petergknight