Digitized glacier data reports back to 1895

Digitized glacier data reports back to 1895

World Glacier Monitoring Service
Dear Cryolist-subscriber,

In collaboration with the library of the Department of Geography,
University of Zurich, Switzerland, we scanned all data reports by the
World Glacier Monitoring Service (and its predecessor organizations) such
as 'Les Variations Périodiques des Glaciers' as well as the 'Fluctuations
of Glaciers' and the 'Glacier Mass Balance Bulletin' series. We used
Optical Character Recognition software to convert the scanned image files
into searchable text documents. All reports back to 1895 are now available
in PDF-format and ready for download from our website:
http://www.wgms.ch/pub_wgms.html

Please make use of this extensive set of documents including a wealth of
historical information and of meta-data related to the internationally
coordinated glacier monitoring!

Note that you do not have to transcribe the data tables in the appendices
of these reports – all glacier fluctuation data can be ordered in digital
formats. Please find a corresponding data overview on our website:
http://www.wgms.ch/dataexp.html

Kind regards

Michael Zemp (WGMS) and Gary Seitz (GIUZ Library)

PS Sincere thanks go to the following staff members who were involved in
the scanning and making available of these reports: Sara Würmli, Bouakhai
Oanmany, and Isabelle Gärtner-Roer.

+ + + +
World Glacier Monitoring Service
Department of Geography