ECR travel grants available for CLIVASk2k workshop (PAGES 2k project)

ECR travel grants available for CLIVASk2k workshop (PAGES 2k project)

Winton, Holly

ECR travel grants available for CLIVASk2k workshop (PAGES 2k project) “Climate Variability in Antarctica and the Southern Hemisphere in the past 2000 years”

4-5 September 2018

British Antarctic Survey, Cambridge, UK

CLIVASH2k is a PAGES 2k project, which aims to improve our understanding of large scale modes of climate variability and the mechanisms and drivers of climate change in Antarctica, the sub-Antarctic and the wider Southern Hemisphere during the past 2000 years.

The workshop goals

The workshop is open to all. We want to engage a broad spectrum of the scientific community, including paleoclimate data gathers (such as ice cores, lake sediments, marine records, and terrestrial records), climatologists and climate modellers.

We especially encourage those who wish to be actively contribute to the CLIVASH2k project goals, including contribution to synthesis products and publications. The workshop will be informative but be prepared to get involved!

Our aim is to review and evaluate our current understanding of the drivers of Southern Hemisphere climate variability, through short presentations, posters and discussion sessions.

A full programme will be available on the CLIVASH2k webpage shortly.

http://pastglobalchanges.org/ini/wg/2k-network/projects/clivash

Register for this event

Standard registration fee £65 per person (plus fees)

Student fee (for students currently enrolled for a PhD) £15 per person (plus fees)

Click here to register

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/clivash2k-workshop-tickets-46359412250

Registration includes morning and afternoon refreshments, buffet lunch and an evening dinner (4th September).

Registration deadline: 17 August