EGU 2011 session on glacial landforms and palaeoclimatic interpretation [GM 9.2 - EGU 2011]

EGU 2011 session on glacial landforms and palaeoclimatic interpretation [GM 9.2 - EGU 2011]

Stefan Winkler

Dear colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to the session GM 9.2 "Glacial landforms and palaeoclimatic interpretation" on next years' EGU 2001 General Assembly in Vienna.

This session is specifically  addressed to geomorphological uncertainties in glacier reconstruction. It is our goal to bring together colleagues using different approaches in order to discuss how those uncertainties could be reduced in different geochronological and palaeoclimatological contexts. Therefore, we encourage all those specialized in either dating techniques/Quaternary geochronology, glacial geomorphology, or glaciology to participate and submit an abstract.

(for full detail on the session, please refer to  http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2011/session/7425 )

The deadline for submitting abstracts is January, 10th 2011. However, those applying for support must submit their abstract latest by December, 3rd 2010!

(for full details, please refer to http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2011/information/deadlines_and_milestones.html

and the EGU 2001 homepages under  http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2011/information/general_information.html )

With any further questions, please feel free to contact me or one of my co-convenors.

Kindest regards,

Stefan Winkler

Dr. Stefan Winkler

Senior Lecturer in Quaternary Geology and Paleoclimatology

Department of Geological Sciences

University of Canterbury

Privat Bag 4800

Christchurch 8140

New Zealand

Tel: +64 (0)3 364 2987 ext. 45681

Fax: +64 (0)3 364 2769

Email: [hidden email]

www.geol.canterbury.ac.nz

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.