EGU 2012: Session 3.20 on "Creating glacier inventories from remote sensing data: Challenges and solutions"

EGU 2012: Session 3.20 on "Creating glacier inventories from remote sensing data: Challenges and solutions"

Frank Paul

Dear colleague

Apologies for cross-posting!

Are you working on the compilation of glacier inventory data or applying such data in your models?
Have you found problems in creating glacier outlines and worked on new solutions to solve these
(e.g. mapping of debris-covered ice)? Do you have a glacier inventory that is newly available, or to
be released soon? Then you should consider submitting an abstract to session CR3.20 and presenting
it at the forthcoming General Assembly of the EGU in Vienna!

In this session we will cover all aspects related to glacier inventories. In addition to the wide range of
technical issues that are detailed in the session description

http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2012/session/9064

we also welcome contributions that apply these digital data sets at regional to global scales.
Feel free to contact me or any of the co-conveners for more information.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Vienna!

With kind regards and the best wishes for 2012,

Frank, Tobias, Bruce, Graham and Tatjana

Vacancy announcement - "Glacio-Hydrologist" position

Pradeep Mool
Dear All,

Sorry for cross posting this information.
May I request you for wider circulation of the vacancy announcement for Glacio-Hydrologist position at ICIMOD.
The detail information is available at  http://www.icimod.org/?q=6440

Thank you very much.
With best regards,
Pradeep Mool