EGU 2018 - Polar continental margins and fjords

EGU 2018 - Polar continental margins and fjords

Hogan, Kelly A.
Dear colleagues,

We warmly invite you to submit an abstract to our session at EGU 2018 (8-13 April, Vienna, Austria):

Polar continental margins and fjords - climate, oceanography, tectonics and geohazards (CL1.33)

We are a multi-disciplinary session aiming to bring together researchers working on both northern and southern high-latitude continental margins and fjords. We invite contributions that include, but are not limited to, reconstructions of high-latitude climatic or oceanographic change (over various timescales), tectonic evolution, past ice-sheet dynamics, and marine geohazards. Datasets may range from conventional to high-resolution 2D and 3D seismics, short sediment cores to longer drill cores (e.g. IODP, MeBo).

We have two excellent keynote speakers already confirmed, one from each hemisphere:
- Monica Winsborrow, UiT, Tromso: "Ice sheet-gas hydrate interactions: examples from the Barents Sea"
- Laura de Santis, OGS, Trieste: "Late Cenozoic ocean-ice sheet interactions and West Antarctic Ice Sheet vulnerability: Initial results from International Ocean Discovery Program Expedition 374 in the Ross Sea continental margin"

Full details of the session and invited talks here: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/26414

The submission deadlines are 01 December 2017 (to qualify for EGU Travel Support) or 10 January 2018, 13:00 CET.

Best wishes,

Kelly Hogan, Matthias Forwick, Jan Sverre Laberg, Berit Oline Hjelstuen, Michele Rebesco, Christian Hass, Gerhard Kuhn
Session conveners

Dr. Kelly Hogan
Marine Geophysicist

British Antarctic Survey, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1223 221617 | Email: [hidden email]