[EGU 2019] Let's Get Digital

Giulia Sofia

May the PICO be with you!

Do you work on quantitative land-surface analysis?

Does your research draw upon mathematics, computer vision, machine learning, image-processing techniques or statistics to quantify the shape of earth's (or other planets’) topography?

Does your research bridge the gap between the process-focussed fields (hydrology, geomorphology, soil sciences, natural hazards, planetary science, geo-biology, archaeology) and the technical domain (engineering, computer vision, machine learning, and statistics)?

If you can answer yes to one of these questions (or you simply are very much into digital terrain analysis, geomorphometry and computer-based applications in Earth-or planetary- surface processes ) then we are looking for you!

https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2019/session/30388

Abstract submission: deadline–10 Jan 2019

Frontiers in geomorphometry aims to foster inter-disciplinarity with a focus on new techniques in digital terrain production and analysis from any discipline. As researchers, we want to foster collaboration and the sharing of ideas across subject-boundaries, between technique developers and users, enabling us as a community to fully exploit the wealth of knowledge inherent in our digital landscape.

Just remember, the driver for new ideas and applications often comes from another specialty, discipline or subject: Your solution may already be out there waiting for you!

flyer3.png (715K) Download Attachment