EGU 2021 session: From historical images to modern high resolution topography: methods and applications in geosciences.

EGU 2021 session: From historical images to modern high resolution topography: methods and applications in geosciences.

Livia

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to our vEGU2021 session:

From historical images to modern high resolution topography: methods and applications in geosciences

(GM2.11, Co-organized by GI1.4/HS1.1.8/NH6.13/SSS11.8)

The increasing availability of historical images as digitised images, together with recent advances in digital photogrammetry, image collection and topographic measurements are providing an unprecedented insight into landscape characterization and processes in geosciences.

Our goal is to create an interdisciplinary session to explore the potential, limitations, and challenges of topographic datasets for the reconstruction and interpretation of past and present 2D and 3D changes in different environments and processes.