EGU session G5.2 on "Determination of Mass Transport and Distribution in the Earth System"

EGU session G5.2 on "Determination of Mass Transport and Distribution in the Earth System"

E Schrama

Dear cryolisters,

I would like to advertise the following session at the EGU in Vienna Austria 22 – 27 April 2012

G5.2 Determination of Mass Transport and Distribution in the Earth System

Melting of continental ice sheets and glaciers, ocean circulation and sea level variations, river runoff, changes of ground water level and soil moisture, post-glacial rebound and convective flow in the Earth mantle, all of these processes cause transport and re-distribution of masses. Using extremely precise sensor systems, dedicated gravity field and altimeter satellites observe these phenomena. Thus, the common analysis of these data improves our knowledge about processes within the system Earth. We invite presentations dealing with the innovative use of satellite data from GRACE, GOCE, Jason-1/2, ICESat, Cryosat-2, with complimentary data such as obtained from the global GNSS networks or InSAR systems, and with future satellite missions.

Best regards,

Ernst Schrama,
Juergen Kusche,
Tonie van Dam.

--
Ernst J.O. (Ejo) Schrama,
Associate Professor at TU Delft Aerospace