EGU session on Remote sensing of the cryosphere [CR2.1]

EGU session on Remote sensing of the cryosphere [CR2.1]

Wouters, B. (Bert)
Dear colleagues,

Indeed, another EGU session angling for your attention. We would like to draw attention to the EGU (Vienna, Austria 8-13th April, 2018) session:

Remote sensing of the cryosphere [CR2.1]
which will focus on recent and upcoming advances in satellite remote sensing of the global cryosphere. We welcome presentations providing new insights into cryospheric processes in the broadest sense, ranging from ice sheets, glaciers, frozen soil and sea ice to extraterrestrial glaciology. While the advent of remote sensing has revolutionized the field of glaciology, a vast reservoir of potential remains to be unlocked by using these observations in concert with other data sets. We particularly encourage presentations discussing multi-platform data merging, integration of GIS and ground validation data, integration of remote sensing data into earth system models, as well as cloud computing and processing of super large data sets. We also encourage contributions focusing on historic satellite data re-analysis, novel processing approaches for upcoming satellite missions, and presentations outlining pathways to next-generation satellite missions for the coming decades.

More information on the session can be found on http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/22806

The deadline for abstract submission is 10th January 2018. Abstracts can be submitted via: https://administrator.copernicus.org/authentication.php

Best regards and we look forward to your submissions,
Stef Lhermitte, Bert Wouters and Wolfgang Rack